Wednesday, April 20, 2011

there's a slightly green haze on the meadow

via (lots more pics here.)

So this is my alma mater on 420. Good old CU-Boulder. And actually I'm kind of proud that this is the scene here.


I mean, don't get me wrong. There are a whole lot of things to hate about Boulder. And I do tend to go on about them at the slightest provocation.

To wit: Yuppie boomer douchetards living in million dollar houses pretending to still have hippie values; ski-douche California princes and princesses with clueless parents paying ridiculous out of state tuitions and thus driving actual humans to relocate in Broomfield and Lafayette; a certain dip-shitted, smug self-righteousness in all things granolatastic like environmentalism and tolerance.

But 420 at Farrand Field? This is pure, hardcore civil disobedience. This is a mighty 'fuck you' to ridiculous drug laws and mindless authority with no common sense behind it. This is grand scale anarchy, and it is beautiful in its own way.

If we could get people to respond this strongly to the unprecedented usurpation of the rule of law in favor of the rich and connected we've seen in the past couple years, we might be able to get actual change in this country.

But that's neither here nor there.

Now, as to whether I personally could deal with getting baked and being crammed in among ten thousand stinking patchouli-drenched people?

Not likely. I shall enjoy the view from here, safely behind the haze behind my computer screen.




Go Buffs. Just, like...get me a beer while you're there. And some Cheetos. Maybe a bowl of cereal...but not, like, granola or anything. You know. Captain Crunch. Like that. What were you saying?

No comments: